All You Need to Know About LiliesPosted on
Lilies are one of the top flowers around the world – found in Europe, Asia and North America, and with their unique shape and amazing selection of natural colors, it’s easy to see why!
Composed of 6 petals and an eye-catching shape, lilies make excellent focal flowers. Size and color variation are prevalent among lilies, making them extremely versatile when it comes to designing! Lilies can grow between 2 to 6 feet in height and are found in white, yellow, orange, red, purple or pink. Some varieties, such as the Tiger Lily, have quirky spots or freckles on them which add even more personality to this already unique flower.
Here are 5 facts you may or may not know about lilies:
- Based on color, lily flowers can convey different meanings. Overall, the flower is a symbol of purity, chastity, virtue, and in some cultures, it represents death.
- Lilies can be extremely toxic to cats and dogs, make sure to keep them away from your pets to avoid poisoning!
- Lilies are commonly used in Asian medicine to treat depression.
- Although not all lily buds bloom, when they do, lilies are known to have a long vase life. Additionally, carefully removing the pollen from the center of the flower will prolong their vase life.
- While many people will associate lilies with their unique fragrance, only white and Tiger Lilies release a scent!
Hopefully you learned something new about lilies after reading these facts!
Whether you’re using lilies for your home, office or even a large-scale event, they’re wonderful flowers that fit many different occasions. We can’t get enough of their beauty!